Back to Results
LPN Outpatient - McLean OBGYN
Int Med - Mclean 620210 Full Time 6845 Elm Street, Mclean, VA, 22101, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Licensed Practical Nurse – Clinic, you will provide direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the physician. To help achieve our mission, you will assist the Registered Nurse and healthcare team to achieve desired patient outcomes. Assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning while maintaining competencies within practical nursing standards and seeking opportunities to develop professionally is expected. Administering oral and intramuscular medications under the direct supervision of the physician, and as ordered by utilizing the five rights of medication administration, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while demonstrating respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required.
- Provides basic therapeutic nursing care according to established standards of practice under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders while documenting all patient care activities in accordance with documentation standards.
- Makes referrals to Home Health, Diabetic Educators and Nurse Navigators as indicated by the physician and verified orders to the providers.
- Partners with the RN and healthcare team to advocate for patients and support patients' psychological, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs.
- Keeps informed of clinic initiatives, supports the outcomes of the team's work and assists in putting new ideas/work into practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality improvement initiatives and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care to those patients whose care requirements are routine and standardized with predictable outcomes.
- Reviews diagnostic test results and reports abnormal results/changes in patients' conditions to the RN, physician and appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.