Merchandise Lead M-F
Job DescriptionAs a Merchandise Logistics Lead, you will coordinate product promotions with store managers. To help achieve our mission, you will establish and maintain order on sales floors, in stock rooms and work areas. Your ability to exercise the leadership required to reinforce the Gift Shops' relationship to Inova Health System among staff and volunteers is of vital importance. Overseeing the availability of merchandise and consulting with managers to determine placement on sales floor is expected. Supporting and ensuring the execution of all shipment receiving/processing procedures so merchandise is ready for store placement is required.
- Partners with managers to track inventory and determine need for promotions to move slow sellers or merchandise overstock.
- Executes promotional signage/markdown processes according to Gift Shops' pricing standards and Inova Health System's required branding.
- Creates optimal organization of stock for each shop/storeroom while training staff in the established locations and monitoring their compliance.
- Enters transfers into inventory system while monitoring fixtures and other display equipment and communicating needs to Gift Shop Managers.
- Partners with warehouse staff and delivery personnel to determine arrival of Gift Shop merchandise and arrange its delivery to the correct Gift Shop.
- Ensures sales floors, stockroom and stockroom activities meet Inova's safety requirements. Promptly corrects any potential hazards noted and immediately reports mishaps to manager and/or director.
- Shares Inova Fairfax Medical Campus site and system-wide communications, as appropriate, with paid staff and volunteers to keep workforce informed of activity beyond the Gift Shops.
- Communicates promotional efforts to workforce while continually instructing them in, and reminding them of, methods of pointing out items on special in an effort to increase sales.
Education: Associates Degree.
Experience: 3 years of retail experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of inventory systems and software. Proven ability to successfully train workforce in use of required procedures and technologies. Successful team building. Close attention to detail. Strong mathematics skills.