Surgical First Assistant Mount Vernon OR
Seeking a Surgical First Assistant to support the Mount Vernon Main Operating Room. The Inova Mount Vernon Operating Room consists of 8 ORs that serves the communities of Orthopedics- Total Joints, Ankles and Shoulders, Sports Medicine; Podiatry; General- Laparoscopic and Open; Urology; Plastics and ENT. Case volumes average 20 cases per day. The OR functions 24/7 with the support of call teams on off-shifts and holidays. It is a fast-paced environment that focuses on strong teamwork and patient safety.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides safe therapeutic care by collaboration with surgeons and health care team in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient Provides individual, patient-centered approach to patients with a wide range of diagnoses.
- Must have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills and judgment specific to clinical practice.
- Teamwork-communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others Maintain strong and open communication skills.
- Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource preceptor, and mentor
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Surgical First Assistant or able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment
- Education and Licensure:
Completion of Surgical First Assistant exam and certification by accredited organization OR , Medical school completion with surgical training and certified in the United States as a Certified Surgical Assistant. Meets minimum requirements for a surgical first assistant as governed by the State of Virginia and all applicable statutes, regulations and institutional policies relevant to Surgical Assistants.
- Certification: BLS via AHA
- Special Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in English. Ability to work routinely without direct supervision. Ability to demonstrate good judgment in daily activities. Ability to understand and implement infection control and hospital safety practiced.