Back to Results
Cardiovascular Sonographer 3
Primary Care / Physicial Therapy Center - Mount Vernon 620312 Full Time 8101 Hinson Farm Rd, Alexandria, VA, 22306, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Cardiovascular Sonographer 3, to ensure the safety of patients, you will administer sound patient care practices according to hospital/department policies and procedures. To help achieve our mission, you will complete ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Maintaining equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and employees, is required. Your ability to provide clinical services according to diagnostic echo vascular principles, theory and practice standards to ensure optimal department functions is of vital importance.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients or patients' charts to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique, as evidenced by Radiologist's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast, or other test-enhancing solution, under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards. Operates imaging and other related equipment according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS Systems reports. Assist departmental leadership in obtaining or maintaining ICAL accreditation.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of echo vascular principles/theory, anatomy and pathology processes utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations.
- Act as a preceptor and resource for students, echo vascular sonographers and fellows.
- Demonstrates advanced imaging skillsets such as 3D, Strain, contrast use and assists cardiologist with TEE studies. Performs 3D imaging with manipulation of 3D image analysis independently or with physician assistance.
- Work schedule: Full - time, Monday - Friday
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical, setting. Sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare.
- Experience: Three years or more of experience in a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of cardiac or vascular sonography.
- Certification: BLS by the AHA; ARDMS Registered with RDCS Certification or CCI Registered with RCS , Certification for Echo, or ARDMS with RVT or CCI with the RVS , Certification for Vascular.