Back to Results
Medical Affairs Coordinator
Alexandria Hospital 620338 Full Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Medical Affairs Coordinator, you will coordinate Medical Staff meetings and special functions for the Medical Staff. To help achieve our mission, you will develop and maintain the Medical Affairs budget. Your ability to effectively communicate and problem solve with Medical Staff leaders and administration is of vital importance. Identifying issues and coordinating communication of information to the Medical Staff is expected. Providing administrative, consultative and secretarial support to the Medical Staff leadership and other members of the Medical Staff as needed is required.
- Works to establish/maintain the Medical Staff Office credentialing/reappointment policies and standard operating procedures for the operating unit.
- Responds to inquiries from physician offices, hospital departments and the community when necessary while maintaining the integrity and privacy of physician records.
- Processes requests for verification of physician credentials from other hospitals, institutions and managed care companies when they are unable to access the primary source verification module from MSOW.
- Works with Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee, Chief Medical Officer, General Counsel and other Inova Health System Medical Staff offices to credential new practitioners and resolve credentialing issues.
- Completes Onboarding Activities for new doctors and APP. Coordinates with Physician Office for Attendance and completion.
- Works on Section, Department, and Associated Medical Staff Committee Meetings and associated agenda, minutes, coordinates guest speakers, zoom or room set up and materials.
- Assists in data gathering cycles for OPPE (Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation) and FPPE (Focused Professional Practice Evaluation) for all credentialed practitioners in order to comply with The Joint Commission standards.
- Interacts with Medical Staff to determine and promote physician satisfaction and physician networking events. Coordinate Events as need to support Medical Staff
- Works with the hospital President and hospital administrators to facilitate the resolution of physician problems and concerns.
- Sends and Coordinates Communication with Medical Staff Members as needed and requested by Leadership
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Staff President as requested.
- Works with the Inova Central Verification Office as pertains to information gathering and file completion.
- Works with the Central Verification Office team for ongoing development and process improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates and maintains department calendar of meeting and events and meeting minutes.
- Maintain working knowledge of hospital medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Reports to the System AVP of Medical Staff Services in absence of local Director of Physician Services.
- On site, full-time
- Supports additional projects and duties as assigned.
5 years of experience
Excellent interpersonal skills, computer skills, communication kills and organization skills.