Mammography Technologist - PRN
As a PRN Mammography Technologist at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, you will provide clinical services according to imaging practice standards and act as a resource to ensure optimal department functions. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in this role at Inova. Grow in the Imaging field, with advanced resources & equipment and an environment that strives for the best!Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of radiologic principles/theory, anatomy and pathology processes by utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patient charts to assist the physician in optimizing the performance/interpretation of examinations.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations by using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them while producing the most desirable outcomes.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services, meetings and community programs.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of intravenous medications, heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to Mammography.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection procedures with culmination devices and protective shielding.
- Maintains exposure reading within the "As Low As Reasonably Achievable" limits.
- Work schedule: PRN
- Education: Graduate of an accredited radiology school or program.
- Experience: 1 year as a Radiologic Technologist
- Certification: BLS & CPR by the AHA; advanced ARRT in Mammo within 12 mo of hire
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.