Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular PACU
Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for the Cardiovascular/ CV PACU - 4 x 10 hour shifts.
- Must be comfortable with drips, ERAS protocols for early ambulation in Post-op; arrhythmias and compliance to ASPAN guidelines
- Must work with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task, use critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, flexible to meet patient needs in adult PACU
- Knowledge and use of EMR-Epic
- Experience with procedures to include but not limited to TAVR’s, Mitraclips, Watchmen, various thoracic procedures, vascular procedures including aneurysms and various bypass procedures
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
- A minimum of one year PACU or Critical Care Nursing experience is required, Prefer CV PACU or Cardiac experience, Prefer more than three (3) years critical care/PACU experience.
- BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:
-Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
-Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
-Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date
-Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN License to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- CPAN or CAPA certification desired
- ACLS & BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required