Back to Results
Lab Technical Assistant 2
Alexandria Hospital 620456 Full Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Sign-on bonus for this role
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Requirements for consideration:
- High School diploma, GED, or documented foreign equivalent.
- 1-year or experience in a clinical laboratory environment or as a phlebotomist.
- Phlebotomy experience, highlight preferred.
- Assists in educating/training new team members while acting as a preceptor.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well stocked department and notifies appropriate personnel of shortages.
- Reviews system pending reports (i.e. WCP, WQS, PLR, PTR, etc.) for reference Laboratory tests and resolves problems accordingly.
- Communicates effectively when performing downtime processes according to facility standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Prioritizes STAT/routine specimens as they arrive in the Laboratory or on pending lists per facility SOP and handles workload efficiently.
- Evaluates specimen acceptability for testing (i.e. clots/hemolysis) and distributes specimens accordingly while noting special requirements and prioritizing delivery to the department or other Laboratories.
- Manages specimen accessioning accurately and efficiently to provide quality specimens for Laboratory testing. Accurately labels smears, media plates, centrifuge tubes (urine or otherwise), etc.
- Handles 24-hour urine container preparation/receipt (i.e. verifies collection technique, total volume and correct preservative as per facility policy).