Cardiopulmonary Rehab Exercise Physiologist
As a Cardiopulmonary Rehab Exercise Physiologist, you will develop a comprehensive plan of mutually agreed upon goals, in order to achieve the optimal health status for each patient. To help achieve our mission, you will evaluate patient responses to prescribed treatment plans and develop ongoing plans for continued lifestyle modifications in order to achieve optimal health status. As an exercise physiologist you will perform clinical and risk factor assessments to develop an Individual Treatment Plans comprised of cardiovascular and strength training prescription and progression, patient education, behavioral health support, and lifestyle management in order to achieve optimal outcomes for each patient we serve. Ideal candidates have a focus on a whole body approach to patient well-being, enjoy working on a multidisciplinary team in a collaborative innovative environment.
U.S. News & World Report has again ranked Inova Fairfax Hospital #1 in the Washington, DC metro area. In addition, Inova Fairfax has also been ranked #1 in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Neurosciences Institute, Inova Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas. See more about this location here: Inova - Fairfax Medical Campus
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
- Develops exercise prescription, incorporating comorbidity and musculoskeletal disorders, per established program (ACCVPR, ACSM, ATS) standards and guidelines, as evidenced by random chart review.
- Develops Individual Treatment Plans to include exercise and strength training programs, patient education and behavioral health support specific to each patient in order to achieve optimal outcomes for each patient.
- Demonstrates proper instruction and technique for performing appropriate exercise and strength training to ensure patient safety and adherence to exercise prescription, as evidenced by direct observation.
- Immediately reports significant changes in patient clinical status to appropriate members of healthcare team and assists with emergency care according to department policy, as evidenced by direct observation.
- Identifies risk factors and conducts appropriate physical assessments for baseline measurement to include waist measurement, BMI, along with additional function testing as indicated by program operations evidenced by random chart reviews.
- Complete patient assess for disease specific risk factors and clinical needs which may impact the Individual Treatment Plan, as evidenced by random chart review.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other team members.
- Supports and engages in clinical outcomes and quality improvement initiatives. Utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology.
- 0-3 years of relevant clinical experience as a Cardiac or Pulmonary Exercise Physiologist or clinical experience from an educational program focused on Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehab.
- Must obtain ACLS and BLS within 6 months of hire
- Obtain ACSM C-EP or AACVPR CCRP within 1 year of hire