Registered Nurse Critical Care Intermediate Care Unit Part Time Days
The Leadership, Physicians and Staff of Inova Loudoun Hospital Have Adopted a "Quality Compact" with Its Community
Inova Loudoun Hospital believes that excellent healthcare begins with accountability to our community. To be an accountable organization, with ongoing guidance and leadership from our board, we have taken the following actions that have been proven to positively influence hospital quality and safety performance. We will continue to share the results of our progress with the communities we serve.
- Monitor ongoing performance against the following groups of quality and safety measures:
- Patient infections
- National Hospital Quality of Care indicators
- Patients' satisfaction with their care
- Unplanned readmissions to the hospital
- Set aggressive goals for performance improvement and maintain focus on achieving them
- Ensure that our organization's quality and safety performance continues to measurably improve over time.
This 14-bed medical/surgical Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) is part of the Critical Care Division here at Inova Loudoun specializing in stabilization of critically ill patients requiring a high degree of support and management. IMC cares for a diverse adult population with varied diagnoses and medical conditions, including but not limited to, respiratory failure requiring Bipap/high flow/aggressive diuresis, chronic ventilator management, acute and chronic advanced heart failure, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, DKA, maxillofacial surgeries, and traumas. The key characteristics of our unit include spacious, private patient care rooms, nurse to patient ratios of 1:3 on both day and night shift, 2 clinical technicians each shift, a charge nurse out of staffing, and a designated unit secretary on day and night shift.
Our unit prides itself on a team approach to patient care in concert with Inova’s Mission, Vision, and Values. We have 1 to 2 providers available on the unit 24/7 with tele-ICU support available through state-of-the-art monitors in all the rooms. Our clinical mentor works with each onboarding team member to individualize an education plan specific to each person’s unique needs. Our Unit Based Council and Clinical Specialist actively look for opportunities to drive improved patient outcomes and team member satisfaction through education and initiatives on the unit. IMC provides consistent training and education to ensure robust support of current and onboarding team members.
Shift: Part Time, 2 12 hour shifts a week, days
We are offering a Sign On Bonus of up to $12k!
The Inova Registered Nurse
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Assesses individual needs and incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Coordinates care through understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Serves as an advocate to influence patient empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access-based knowledge.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
BSN or AD Required
- If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
- Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
- Proficient computer skills required