Sterile Processing Tech 2
Job DescriptionDecontaminates instruments in a safe and appropriate manner. Assembles instrumentation accurately and efficiently. Assures sterility of all processed items. Maintains instruments inventory and assures timely distribution of instruments to all customers. Ability to prioritize instruments. Ability to assemble complex trays. Assumes leadership role within the department.
- Decontaminates instruments in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Unloads case carts, checking all items for red tags.
- Properly sorts instrumentation and selects the proper processing mechanisms (manual and mechanical) to ensure the integrity of and prevent damage to the items.
- Prepares instrumentation for the decontamination process, to include flushing lumens, exposing all surfaces, and properly loading washers.
- Operates washer/decontaminators, cart washers, sonic washer, and all other equipment in the decontamination area.
- Utilizes instrument tracking computer software to document all functions in the decontamination area.
- Assembles instrumentation accurately and efficiently.
- Locates missing instrumentation and replaces repaired/ordered instrumentation in sets.
- Maintains stock levels in the assembly area.
- Loads items to be sterilized on the loading cart and records them on the load cart, adding a biological test to each load.
- Utilizes instrument tracking computer software to document all functions in the instrument assembly area.
- Inspects instruments and assures that they are free from bio-burden and in proper working condition prior to assembling sets according to count sheets.
- Assures sterility of all processed items.
- Selects proper mode of sterilization for all items.
- Assure presence of all required chemical and biological indicators.
- Operates all sterilization equipment (Steam Sterrad, Steris).
- Validates sterilization process by reading, interpreting, and documenting all chemical and biological indicators.
- Utilizes instrument tracking computer software to document all functions related to sterilization
- Maintains instruments inventory and assures timely distribution of instruments to all customers.
- Maintains par levels of all individual items, instrument sets, procedure trays and MSET boxes.
- Properly stores or distributes items assuring that each item has been properly labeled and sterilized
- Responds professionally and efficiently to all routine and urgent customer requests.
- Utilizes instrument tracking computer software to document all functions related to storage and distribution Manages instrument inventory and assures timely distribution of instruments to all customers.
- Ability to prioritize instruments.
- Distinguish one-of-a kind trays.
- Distinguish trauma trays (Stryker, Synthes, etc.)
- Ability to assemble complex trays.
- Assemble CVOR trays, loaner trays, ortho/neuro, vascular.
- Ability to prioritize trays coming out of washer based on red tag board.
- Assumes leadership role within the department.
- Works collaboratively with all customers to problem-solve issues that arise on a day-to-day basis Teaches, mentors and precepts new employees Identifies cost and quality opportunities and brings them to the attention of the manager.
- Participates in the quality process.
- Acts as a resource to peers and oversees departmental operations in the absence of the coordinator/manager.
- Continually assesses and proactively manages department workload and coordinates resources to meet priorities.
Fulltime M-F 3PM to 1130PM with rotating weekends
High School or GED
One year Sterile Processing experience required.
CRCST or CBSPD certification. Certification from The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).