Pediatric Echocardiographer - full-time
Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital is a 226-bed facility and is one of the area’s largest heart programs with pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery. The pediatric echo lab has a strong emphasis on clinical excellence, education, innovation, and research and is nationally accredited through the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. As a Pediatric Echocardiographer, you will be required to perform transthoracic echocardiograms for all ages including fetuses, premature neonates (22 week gestation and above), newborns to adolescents, and adults with congenital heart disease.
Apply to join our dynamic and experienced team at Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus
A day in the life of a Pediatric Echocardiographer may look like:
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast, or other test-enhancing solution, under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards. Operates imaging and other related equipment according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS Systems reports. Assist departmental leadership in obtaining or maintaining ICAL accreditation.
- Act as a preceptor and resource for students, echo vascular sonographers and fellows.
- Demonstrates advanced imaging skillsets such as 3D, Strain, contrast use and assists cardiologist with TEE studies. Performs 3D imaging with manipulation of 3D image analysis independently or with physician assistance.
- Work schedule: full-time. Working schedule varies. Facility hours are 6:30 am – 5 pm M-F
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare setting. Sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare
- Experience: Three years or more of experience in a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of cardiac or vascular sonography.
- Certification: BLS from the AHA; ARDMS Registered with RDCS Certification or CCI Registered with RCS; or ARDMS with RVT or CCI with the RVS
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Additional Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Child Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
Learn more about Inova Health System!