Service Line Leader Labor and Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full-time, night shift Service Line Leader. The schedule for this position will be 4 shifts per week with 2 x 12 hour shifts, 7:00pm to 7:00am, and 2 x 8 hour shifts with variable hours.
Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
For expectant parents, all of our facilities at Inova Women's Center on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus offer spacious and beautifully decorated, private labor-delivery recovery rooms designed with your comfort in mind, yet fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology in case of unexpected complications. Our unit has 33 L&D beds and 6 C-Section ORs. Our nurse to patient ratio is 1:2. Inova Fairfax Hospital performs over 10,000 births each year and is a leader in care for high risk pregnancies.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
As an Operating Room (OR) Services Leader, you will interact with and contribute to the professional growth of peers, colleagues and others while ensuring efficient functioning of the unit and achievement of optimal patient outcomes. To help achieve our mission, you will use human and material resources to deliver safe, high quality and cost effective preoperative services while demonstrating leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies. Your ability to act as a clinical leader and resource for the assigned surgical specialty and/or unit while supporting Inova Health System's mission and strategic plans by ensuring unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements and The Joint Commission standards is of vital importance. Ensuring improvements in Specialty Service by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning and providing direction/guidance to others regarding Specialty Service and Preoperative Services in general is expected. Utilizing the Joint Commission standards and AORN nursing practice tools/research to support a surgical care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes is required.
- Monitors staff engagement while developing impact plans to continually improve staff engagement while communicating engagement results to staff. Facilitates and supports professional growth and staff development.
- Adheres to all Inova Health System's policies and procedures while coaching staff on compliance and consistently identifying clinical and operational variables affecting patient and case outcomes. Makes clinical decisions based on education and experience while integrating varied patient experiences into clinical decision making.
- Partners with the director to assist with unit participation in emergency preparedness activities. Conducts education and coordinates emergency/trauma surgical skills in addition to participating in unit specific drills.
- Assists/mentors staff in identifying intra-operative outcomes.
- Facilitates leadership development among colleagues while acting as a role model and assisting in the development of mentors. Advances and ensures efficiency in the delivery of care.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment by using appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Uses conflict resolution skills to manage difficult behavior, promote positive working relationships and advocate for patient safety. Provides guidance, support and constructive feedback to preoperative management team members and other team members when appropriate.
- Identifies strategies for cost effective and efficient practices without compromising preoperative patient safety or outcomes. Promotes creative thinking among staff, peers and colleagues to develop new and innovative devices, practices and strategies to advance and improve preoperative nursing services.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- 2 years of clinical experience related to Labor and Delivery
- Education: BSN or MSN preferred or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- Specialty certification within one year of hire or within one year of eligibility
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse/
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Proven leadership skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering the team environment. Demonstrates professionalism. Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain partnerships. Strong problem solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize. Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs.