Operating Room Aide
Come be part of our dedicated team of patient focused professionals in our Fair Oaks Hospital as an Operating Room Aide. We are looking for a PRN candidate to work a minimum of 1 8 hour day shifts each week with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts as needed.
As an Operating Room Aide, you will appropriately manage supplies and equipment while assisting with patient care. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain an optimal level of cleanliness in the operating suite. Assisting the nursing staff by providing equipment needed to perform surgeries (e.g. special surgical tables, video towers, etc.) and returning equipment to its proper location after use is of vital importance. Your ability to assist with moving Operating Room, Intensive Care Unit and other specialty beds is required. Stripping, waxing and buffing floors on a regular basis is expected.
- Safely transports patients to and from the Operating Room.
- Obtains and delivers specimens, blood products and X-rays.
- Performs routine maintenance on housekeeping equipment.
- Obtains additional supplies and equipment for the nursing staff when requested.
- Performs daily re-stocking of designated supply areas including linen and fluid warmers.
- Maintains overall environment (e.g. empties trash, cleans spills, removes soiled linens) on a continuous basis.
- Cleans Operating Rooms, between procedures and on a scheduled basis, in a timely/detailed detailed manner and in accordance with Operating Room policies.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- While no healthcare experience is required, prior environmental services experience is preferred.
- Must possess CPR/Heart saver certification from the American Heart Association
- Good communication skills are also necessary – must be able to understand English in order to be able to follow and respond to instruction appropriately.