Inova Fairfax Hospital is looking for a dedicated and passionate Telesitter to join their growing team! Don’t miss out, apply today!
Provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients. First line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors. Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of Telesitter audio visual software. Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the Telesitter Solution software.
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of Telesitter audio visual software.
- Capable of continuous monitoring of up to 15 patients on one screen at one time and remaining alert at all times while on duty.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients using a microphone and headset.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Efficiency in multitasking, ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the TeleSitter Solution software.
- Provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients.
- First line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors.
- Summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when the patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Maintains visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-1 audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to the patient population based on the patients individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN.
Shift: Day Shift (7am - 7.30pm)
Schedule: Days vary
Experience: General knowledge of the hospital setting. Knowledgeable and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Training: Completion of general Hospital Orientation
Special Skills: Basic Microsoft Windows experience
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.