Dietitian Clinical Specialist - Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab - Outpatient
The Inova Fairfax Cardiac Rehab and Pulmonary Rehab outpatient department is seeking a self-motivated, high performing Clinical Dietitian Specialist to provide world-class safe and therapeutic nutritional care in a comprehensive and systematic manner for our outpatient population. This role is a full-time Monday to Friday role, that allows the opportunity to provide nutritional care to our outpatient population. This position reports to the Inova Fairfax Clinical Nutrition manager.
- Assists healthcare team members with documentation related to nutrition.
- Develops and revises patient education materials and evaluates effectiveness.
- Assess educational needs of patients/families and provides appropriate nutrition education/counseling.
- Documents education according to standards in the medical record.
- Participates as a guest speaker at community events, seminars, workshops or professional events.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for professional growth and development.
- Recognizes trends in patient populations, explores alternatives to care and makes revisions to standards.
- Collects performance improvement data, monitors outcomes and implements corrective actions.
- Two (2) years of recent hospital experience and/or previous clinical nutrition practice experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Registered Dietitian (RD)