Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg Float Pool-Part-Time
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. Inova Fairfax is a Magnet designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence and innovation.
The Fairfax Float Pool team consists of well-trained and experienced nurses who have the unique ability to adjust, or “float,” between several different units within Fairfax Medical Campus which includes, progressive care units, Med/Surg units, pediatric and Emergency department across the nursing spectrum – often within the same shift. Based on your background and skills, a Float Pool Nurse may be assigned to various units within Fairfax Hospital. Progressive Care Nurses are nurses are well versed and trained to take care of the cardiac care population such as stable NSTEMI, stable arrhythmias, heart and lung transplant patients, pulmonary hypertension, vascular and COPD. They are also trained to float on the procedure areas or cardiac diagnostics.
Med/Surg trained RN’s float on the Medical, Surgical unit throughout the campus. They can float to stroke units, neuro stepdown, medicine, surgical, orthopedic, and comprehensive medical units. Nurses on the Float Pool have excellent communication skills, strong decision making, ability to multitask and problem-solving skills. They enjoy going to different units every day and are always ready to embrace new challenges with the positive attitude and always putting patients first.
We have great benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical Advancement Ladder
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
- Two years Telemetry-Med/Surg nursing experience required
- BSN or MSN. If Associates Degree RN, within 6 months of start date, identify accredited school to attend to complete BSN. Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required (AHA) American Heart Association
- ACLS and NIHSS (or obtained within 4 weeks of start date)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills