Recruiter Team Lead, New Registered Nurse (RN) Recruitment Team
As a Recruiter Team Lead for the RN New Graduate Team, you will develop and implement proactive/creative recruitment and retention strategies to ensure maintenance of staffing levels for a high volume recruitment team. To help achieve our mission, you will be responsible for the employment process for assigned departments to ensure the timely hiring of competent staff. Your ability to interpret and communicate Human Resources policies and procedures for team members and management is of vital importance. Providing direct supervision of recruiters and administrative personnel in the Centralized Recruiting Center is required.
This is primarily a remote role but attendance at recruiting events will be required. The desired candidate will be located within Inova's desired service area.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to formulate a recruitment strategy to fill vacancies in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Develops innovative recruitment programs such as target advertising, employment open houses, career fairs, direct mail, campaigns and search committees on an ongoing basis.
- Consults with managers in assigned departments to develop and implement retention programs to reduce turnover.
- Keeps current with new industry recruiting sources/techniques and shares information with peers.
- Provides input to Compensation on market/equity issues including information on current market trends and other front line input.
- Interviews, screens and refers qualified applicants for open positions at all levels.
- Provides feedback to managers and makes recommendations regarding hiring decisions.
- Ensures applicants' compliance with local, state and federal licensure requirements.
- Collaborates with management in the determination of starting salaries in accordance with Compensation guidelines.
- Serves as an employment subject matter expert for assigned departments by providing regular communication and technical advice on all matters pertaining to recruitment needs.
- Positively presents, explains and answers team member and manager questions regarding policy and procedure interpretation/compliance.
- Collaborates with operating unit Human Resources (HR) staff to provide input in ensuring Inova Health System's commitment to being the employer of choice (i.e. sharing competitor new benefits, compensation and pension strategies).
- Recognizes and responds in a timely basis to team member HR/recruitment needs to increase satisfaction and retention.
- Ensures recruiting team members fully understand hiring manger expectations.
- Takes ownership for the allocation of requisitions amongst the recruiting team and ensures recruiting processes/procedures are followed.
- Assigns approved requisitions to the appropriate recruiter. Drives recruiting activities for assigned areas to obtain hiring and retention goals.
- Ensures that quality and attention to detail standards are set and achieved by the recruiting team.
- Provides assistance to the Director of Recruiting in leading/managing performance and motivating the team to achieve and ideally exceed hiring/retention targets.
A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, HR, Psychology or related field, or 12 years of relevant work experience required.
Minimum six years of recruitment experience required. Four years of recruitment experience. Six years of recruitment, sales or HR related experience in healthcare or a high volume service industry.
Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with HRIS/Applicant Tracking Systems. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail. Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Strong consulting skills in addition to written, oral and presentation skills. Able to negotiate and influence others. Strong soft skills, team player and the ability to collaborate and support teams effectively. Impeccable judgement and professionalism in handling and communicating confidential and sensitive team member or prospective team member data.
Inova is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.