Back to Results
Schar Infusion Pharmacy Technician
Medical Group - Woodburn 620736 Full Time 3301 Woodburn Road, Annandale, VA, 22003, USApply
Job DescriptionThe Infusion Pharmacy Technician will be responsible in all aspects of chemotherapy and other hazardous drug preparation with near 100% accuracy. This position requires proficiency in IV Admixture procedures including using aseptic technique in preparation of medication, calculations, maintenance of clean area, and complete documentation. The Schar Infusion Pharmacy Technician will also be responsible for inventory management.
- Handles chemotherapy without causing chemotherapy spills, aerosolization of drug or other self, others, or environmental exposures.
- Calculates patient specific doses from scratch based on mg/m2 or mg/kg dosing accurately and consistently with 0 to minimal chemotherapy exposures of self, others, environment.
- Assesses and reorders IV admixture/chemotherapy preparation supplies as appropriate avoiding stockouts and excess inventory.
- Initiates, without prompting, actions necessary to assure safe disposal of all hazardous materials, sharps and general trash.
- Provides excellent customer service to nursing staff and patients including courteous and effective handling of telephone requests.
- Assists pharmacists in any duty requested necessary for patient care.
- Ensures no supplies stockouts or excess inventory levels.
- Ensures no overflowing sharps, hazardous materials bins and no shortage of unused bins.
- Follows IV Admixture procedures including using aseptic technique in preparation of medication, calculations, maintenance of clean area, and complete documentation.
- Prepares IV Admixture and sterile compounding as evidenced by the lack of contamination in test solutions.
- Achieves > 70% on yearly aseptic technique, chemo and calculation competencies.
- Maintains equipment including cleaning surfaces, calibration of equipment, changing hood filters as evidenced by documentation logs.
- Documents on hood cleaning logs, temperature logs, and other records as required, as evidenced by documentation logs.
- Passes USP 797 media fill and glovetip testing annually.
- Ensures minimal to 0 drug preparation errors and consistent (> 95%) completion of required logs (hood cleaning, refrigerator temperatures, expiration date checking, investigational drug paperwork, etc.)