Back to Results
Pharmacy Manager PIC
Medical Group - Woodburn 620738 Full Time 3301 Woodburn Road, Annandale, VA, 22003, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Manager of Pharmacy – Pharmacist in Charge (PIC), you will act as a Liaison for other departments, medical sections and patients regarding pharmaceutical care issues. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure that safe, appropriate and cost-effective medication therapies are provided to patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols. Assuming staffing responsibilities in the role of a Pharmacist to ensure smooth Pharmacy operations is of vital importance. Performing the duties of a supervisor such as schedule development, completing annual staff evaluations and participating in hiring decisions is required. Serving as a preceptor for the pharmacy clerkship and other educational activities is expected.
- Participates in patient care/medical rounds as well as medical section and/or department meetings.
- Serves on committees and ensures patient safety through the review of processes in assigned areas.
- Supervises/instructs Pharmacists, performs competence assessments and identifies staff education needs.
- Prepares and presents drug reviews, MUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports and pharmacy interventions summaries to the "P and T" committee.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug/drug interactions, drug/food interactions, adverse drug reactions and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
- Provides accurate and timely drug information to the professional staff and contributes to newsletters for physicians and other health professionals.
- Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation and communication of cost-effective medication use issues in collaboration with the medical staff.
Fulltime M-F Day Shift
IV Training and Experience within a Hospital
Bachelors in Pharmacy
Five years of health systems experience.
VA Pharmacist License Active Upon Start