Back to Results
Medical Telecommunications Associate Lead (Overnight)
Fairfax Medical Campus 620739 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionThe Medical Telecommunications Associate Lead provides excellent, customer-focused service to Inova’s patients, medical professionals and the community. Responsible for managing, coordinating and planning the daily activities for the call center on assigned shift. Serves as the initial escalation point related to customers and team members challenges. Provides education on Inova tools and portals. Serves as the initial point of contact for technical issues related to the paging system, paging tools and the enterprise database. Supports the department in the absence of a supervisor.
- Manages the call center queues and ensures department is meeting key metrics and SLAs.
- Drafts break schedules and adjusts team member’s schedules when needed.
- Addresses minor incidents with team members and provides on the spot coaching.
- Conducts regular check-ins with team members on assigned shift to ensure they are meeting department metrics.
- Assist with secondary training, coaching and mentoring of new team members.
- Serves as secondary support when the call center is short staffed.
- Meets department metrics and skill standards.
- Serves as the first line of support for team members on assigned shift.
- Serves as the first line of escalation related to customer concerns.
- Handles customer calls in accordance with department policies and protocols.
- Reads and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Utilizes email system as a resource for general information, active events and notifications of major system outages throughout the organization.
- Utilizes web resources to educate patients/customers on Inova services and patient portals.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and execute emergency protocols in a fast paced, stress prone environment.
- Ability to utilize the call center database’s functionalities and resource tools.
- Ability to utilize call center phone system, PA system and back-up phone system.
- Ability to utilize paging system, smart phone paging apps and handheld paging devices.
- Ability to utilize the Inova text alert system’s functionalities and resource tools.
- Assist with department and system wide projects and ensure timelines are met.
- Attends department leadership and team member meetings.
- Compiles reportable incidents on a single shift report and distributes report to entire team. Provides updates to incoming shift.
- Provides shift report to department leaders and escalates issues and incidents.
- Serves as the initial support point when technical failures occur on assigned shift.
- Initiates troubleshooting protocols when devices are not working as expected.
- In the absence of onsite tech support, serves as the intake liaison and processes damaged equipment, submits an IT ticket when appropriate and provides loaner devices when needed.
- Conducts assessments on technical failures and follow-ups with appropriate technical groups and shares timely updates with the team.
- Creates and or updates Xtend database profiles as needed and advises department team members of updates.
- Ability to utilize the IT Ticketing portal’s functionalities and resource tools.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly equipment checklists. Performs monthly status checks on back-up equipment and participates in monthly downtime exercises.
- In the absence of a Supervisor serves as the escalation point for the department.
- Supports other projects and duties as assigned.
Minimum of High School or GED
Minimum 2 years in Customer service in a healthcare environment or relevant work experience