Anesthesia Technician 2
Come be part of our dedicated team of patient focused professionals in our Fair Oaks Hospital as an Anesthesia Technician 2. We are looking for a full time candidate to work evenings 8 hour shifts Monday – Friday approximately 3:00p – 11:30p .
As an Anesthesia Technician 2, you will provide direct patient care and support to the Anesthesiologist and Nurse Anesthetist for routine/complex cases and procedures to ensure quality of patient care. To help achieve our mission, you will provide support by assisting in the preparation and maintenance of patient equipment and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia.
- Assists and anticipates needs of Anesthesiologist in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, fiberoptic intubation and difficult airway situations per hospital policy.
- Demonstrates a detailed technical knowledge and troubleshooting ability for anesthesia delivery systems, gas analyzer, EKG, pulse oximeter and cardiac output systems per manufacture guidelines.
- Verifies essential emergency equipment is in place prior to the start of the day. Assists with the correct application of monitoring devices.
- Stocks anesthesia supplies, IV fluids, Inhalation gases, printer labels and ink per template on Anesthesia McKesson Carts.
- Performs daily maintenance, inventory and cleaning of Anesthesia Workrooms A/B/C, Women's, C-Section, Stat Lab, CVOR cabinets and the supply shelves in GE and EP/Cath.
- Identifies and sets up pharmaceutical and infusion pumps according to anesthesia guidelines.
- Participates in Time Out Procedure for invasive procedures. Assist the anesthesia providers in MSET resuscitation, during trauma and mass transfusion cases.
- Assists with and obtains patient monitors for transport. Helps to secure airway and oxygen for transport. Accompanies the anesthesia provider to the appropriate care unit.
- Transports medications from pharmacy or authorized location (e.g. pneumatic tube system) to licensed healthcare professional.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in the healthcare field. Experience in an operating room is preferred
- Must possess BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association upon start.