RN Unit Supervisor Pediatric Specialty Care Unit/ Peds Step Down
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
Inova L. J. Murphy Children's Hospital is an award-winning, full-service children’s hospital that offers the highest level of dedicated pediatric care in Northern Virginia.
Department Information: The 22-bed Pediatric Specialty Care Unit/ RN Unit Supervisor Pediatric Specialty Care Unit/ Peds Step Down (formerly known as PIMC unit) takes intermediate level patients as well as cardiac and renal diagnoses. Nurses also care for pediatric patients with all diagnoses requiring step-down care. Nurse ratios are 3:1 for IMC status patients and 4-5 :1 for floor status patients.
Schedule: Full time- night shift
Candidates are eligible to receive up to $20,000 as a competitive sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive relocation assistance.
Front line leader who is accountable for delivering highly reliable results related to Quality and Best Practices to improve clinical operation of the unit; embraces, uses and understands the research behind nursing practice and quality tools. Supports unit-based shared governance and decentralized decision-making structures and processes. Reports to Director.
• Role model who leads by example in delivering Service Always and in making Patient Experience a priority on unit(s) of responsibility. Seeks every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve every time, every touch.
• Ensures that care is patient-centered. Continually pursues activities that will ensure smooth clinical operations/flow and compliance with Inova's goals of providing safe, equitable, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and effective care in a holistic and evidence-based practice environment. Values and promotes collegial working relationships within and among disciplines.
• Engaged team member who is empowered to support our People priority by providing genuine acts of caring, appreciation, recognition, coaching, mentoring and encouragement to all members of the care team in order to further enculturate Inova's Care Delivery Model and results for all of Inova's strategic priorities. communicates effectively and supports production of an environment of mutual trust.
• At least one year of Registered Nurse Clinical experience specific to the focus of nursing unit
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degree RNs within one year of completing their BSN
• Completion of revised Charge Nurse Workshop within the first 90 days
• Certification BLS required. Specialty certification within one year of hire
• Licensed to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits leadership ability that fosters teamwork and retention. Demonstrates professionalism and ability to remain calm and lead in dynamic and busy situations
• Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office and healthcare software required
• Strong problem-solving capabilities and prioritization. Can serve as a resource and mentor to other clinical staff on the unit
#LI-VD1 (for internal use only)