Physician Practice Team Lead
Job DescriptionAs a Physician Practice Team Lead, you will assist Imaging leadership to promote effective and efficient clinic operations. To help achieve our mission, you will collaborate with the Director of Outpatient Practices and/or Physician Practice Managers to establish common standards. Your ability to assist with the coordination of coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the practice while serving as a leader for front office administrative processes and procedures is of vital importance. Collaborating and supporting the processing of regulatory compliance to include credentialing of professional/licensed staff, compliance with Medicare regulations and all payer regulations is required. Your ability to participate in the Revenue Cycle management processes of the practice is expected.
- Leads practice staff in a professional and competent manner. Motivates, mentors, counsels and serves as an example to staff to promote efficiency, enhance morale, retain competent staff and provide a positive working environment within the practice.
- Screens and conducts initial staff interviews per management guidelines.
- Provides effective communication linkages through telecommunications and/or internet based technologies to ensure patient access, service and operational coordination.
- Completes assignments and projects within deadlines and with minimal supervision. Displays attention to detail, uses reasoning skills and demonstrates an organized approach to produce quality work.
- Partners with related departments such as Physician Billing, Patient Financial Services and Medical Records to identify opportunities for financial improvement.
- Optimizes operations by assessing and managing the practice infrastructure per Imaging (IMG) and practice guidelines in collaboration and per direction of IMG leadership.
- Provides new team members with process orientation and software training.
- Demonstrates appropriate troubleshooting/problem resolution skills related to practice processes and workflow. Ensures that offices are appropriately staffed by working in conjunction with the Director of Outpatient Practice and/or Physician Practice Manager in the areas of recruitment, hiring, orientation, discipline and evaluation of all office staff.
- Tracks and monitors team member time/attendance and approves time sheets.
- Monitors patient volumes, patient access and level of patient services to ensure patient satisfaction. Collaborates and supports the processing of regulatory compliance to include credentialing of professional/licensed staff, compliance with Medicare regulations and all payer regulations.
- Ensures 100 percent compliance with government and contract regulations. Completes all necessary compliance training annually to include training over system-wide compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with federal and/or state authorities as well as any external governing authority.
- Enforces safeguards against fraud and abuse. Obtains and maintains records of credentials for professional/licensed staff.
- Oversees and monitors performance of front end Revenue Cycle functions (i.e. insurance verification, registration, co-pay collection and charge entry) to ensure compliance with sound accounting practices. Participates in strategic planning, cost reduction and revenue enhancement activities.
- Organizes clinic operations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Minimizes/manages patient wait times while monitoring physician productivity levels.
Associates degree or an additional four years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
Three years of experience in a physician practice setting.
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Budget/financial analysis/reasoning skills. Project management, skills. Knowledge of billing and scheduling software.