Registered Nurse Fellow -Adult Psychiatry-
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is seeking a Full-Time, day shift Registered Nurse Fellow on the Psychiatry Unit.
*This position is eligible for a Sign-On and Relocation bonus for qualified candidates.*
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
The in-patient adult psychiatric unit is a 41 bed unit comprised of three wings:
•14 bed mood unit
•15 bed acute psychiatric unit
•12 bed psychiatric medical unit
The in-patient adult psychiatric unit is located at Inova Fairfax Hospital, named the #1 Hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Report's annual hospital rankings. Our inpatient units provide our clients with safety, structure, and stabilization provided by our inter-disciplinary team. Therapeutic group activities, including creative art therapy, are held throughout the day. The average nurse to patient ratio is 6:1.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Fellow, you will communicate effectively with patients, families, team members and medical providers. To help achieve our mission, you will create a collaborative team working environment while displaying respect for and an understanding of various clinical disciplines. Using a focused and integrated approach toward improving desired patient outcomes and patient experience of care delivery is of vital importance. Your participation in learning new knowledge, developing new skills and meeting program objectives to be able to practice in assigned patient care delivery settings while utilizing and applying new knowledge is essential. Demonstrating s willingness to learn under the direct supervision of an experienced RN and through various other training formats is required.
- Effectively communicates with other healthcare team members and participates in multidisciplinary rounds and meetings as an active member of the healthcare team.
- Showcases openness to feedback, mentoring and suggestions from colleagues to implement change and enhance care.
- Identifies and seeks out members of the healthcare team as a resource to increase practice/knowledge while seeking validation of clinical decisions from unit resources.
- Successfully integrates novice nursing abilities with new knowledge and the capacity to incorporate and transfer these skills into the delivery of safe/high quality patient care.
- Identifies unit goals and supports the culture of Inova Health System.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and voluntarily assists others when needs arise.
- Works efficiently within the healthcare team to achieve maximum productivity and identified outcomes.
- Attends and participates in all learning sessions assigned for successful completion of the Registered Nurse (RN) Fellowship. Completes all assignments (e.g. classroom work, computer based learning modules, laboratory simulations and assigned readings on time and is able to recall, comprehend and apply them in the classroom and clinical settings).
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills, verbalize reasoning and demonstrate use of equipment and supplies involved in providing safe/high quality and effective patient care.
- Performs patient assessments to collect basic data. Follows written plans of care, standards and practice guidelines while utilizing pathways under the supervision of an experienced RN.
- Utilizes assessment data and patient preferences to identify patient care needs.
- Organizes, prioritizes and delivers patient care to assigned patients by utilizing Inova's Nursing Professional Practice Model and Care Delivery Model (i.e. procedures, therapies, tests and patient education) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides compassionate and empathetic hands on care while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- States rationale for clinical decisions based on educational knowledge, principles and evidence based practices.
- Monitors patients' progress toward expected outcomes and adjusts plans of care accordingly.
- Accurately documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and seeks assistance from others to further develop documentation skills.
•A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
•Education: BSN or MSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:◦Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
◦Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
◦Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
◦Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
•BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
•RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
•Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For Internal Use Only: IND1 #LI-MA1