Registered Nurse Pediatrics
Inova Loudoun Hospital is kid-friendly. The new west wing of Inova Loudoun Hospital houses our expanded pediatrics unit, building on our family-centered approach to care. Our experienced pediatric staff is specially trained to understand the unique needs of your infant and child. We use smaller equipment for smaller bodies. Our 14-bed Pediatric Unit also sees adult overflow. The nurse to patient ratio is 5 patients to 1 RN.
Schedule: part-time, day shift with 2 x 12 hour shifts per week from 7:00am to 7:00pm
Sign-On Bonus Information: This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus.
The Leadership, Physicians and staff of Inova Loudoun Hospital have adopted a “Quality Compact” with its community. Inova Loudoun Hospital believes that excellent healthcare begins with accountability for our community. To be an accountable organization, with ongoing guidance and leadership from our board, we have taken the following actions that have been proven to positively influence hospital quality and safety performance. We will continue to share the results of our progress with the communities we serve.
- Monitor ongoing performance against the following groups of quality and safety measures:
- Patient infections
- National Hospital Quality of Care indicators
- Patients’ satisfaction with their care
- Unplanned readmissions to the hospital
- Set aggressive goals for performance improvement and maintain focus on achieving them.
- Ensure that our organization’s quality and safety performance continues to measurably improve over time.
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance and student loan assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Inova Scholarship for dependent children of Team Members pursuing health degrees
- Dedicated onsite EAP counselors at each of our hospitals
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.