Cardio Sonographer 2
***Offering up to a 10k sign on bonus for those eligible***
As a Cardiovascular Sonographer 2, you will administer sound patient care practices according to hospital/department policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the patients. To help achieve our mission, you will complete ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Maintaining equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of the patients and employees is required.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile techniques as evidenced by Radiologist's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them while producing the most desirable outcome, as evidence by exam results and patient satisfaction. Communicates effectively with ordering and/or interpreting physicians to ensure appropriate use.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast, or other test-enhancing solution, under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards. Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures.
- Correctly identifies patients and appropriate orders, ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mismatched studies. Maintains active credential status by complying with continual education requirements. Attends at least 50 percent of QA conferences.
- Demonstrates patient safety in department by use of side rails, braking mechanisms and patient monitoring as demonstrated by risk management. Reports, documents and corrects any adverse, unsafe or unusual conditions, as evidenced by documentation in the tracking system. Demonstrates proper care and aseptic cleaning of all patient related equipment following established department policies to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Troubleshoots equipment effectively and reports equipment to biomedical engineering/vendor, as evidenced by service reports. Performs/recognizes need for routine maintenance of echo vascular equipment for consistency of quality images, as evidenced by the physician and the exam results.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of echo vascular principles/theory, anatomy and pathology processes utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations, as demonstrated by exam results. Adheres to department policies and protocols ensuring departmental standards are met according to regulatory oversight (i.e. ICAEL).
- Acts as a preceptor and resource for students and echo vascular sonographers. Demonstrates advanced imaging skillsets such as 3D, Strain, contrast use and assists cardiologist with TEE studies.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Certification: ARDMS Registered with RDCS Certification or CCI Registered with RCS Certification for Echo, or ARDMS with RVT or CCI with the RVS Certification for Vascular. BLS from AHA.
- Years of Experience: One year of experience after acquiring registry in a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of cardiac or vascular sonography.