RN Patient Care Navigator - Perioperative Medicine Clinic Fair Oaks Hospital
As a Patient Care Nurse Navigator within the Perioperative Medicine Clinic, the nurse will focus on helping coordinate patient care and follow up during their 1x visit to the clinic in preparation and optimization for their procedure. Patients are optimized for a wide range of procedures including (but not limited to) bariatric, spine, ortho, and colo-rectal surgeries, along with basic and advanced endoscopy and interventional radiology procedures.
The nurse will help provide education while the patient is in the clinic, coordinate follow up consults and tests in collaboration with the Clinic NPs and PAs, along with helping facilitate answers to any questions or concerns patients have in anticipation of their surgery.
The clinic sees anywhere from 10-16 patients a day, 5 days a week.
- 3 to 5 years' progressive clinical nursing with primary care management of patient population
- 5 to 7 years of specialty clinical nursing experience
- Masters in Advanced Clinical Practice or graduate of post masters certificate program for nurse practitioner, preferred
- BSN Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- RN License to practice Nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association
- Certification in area of specialty within one year of hire or transfer into the job