Back to Results
Lab Tech Asst 1
Mount Vernon Hospital 620981 Part Time 2501 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, VA, 22306, USApply
Requirements for consideration:
- High School diploma, GED, or documented foreign equivalent.
- Preferred: one year of experience working in a clinical laboratory environment or with Phlebotomy
- Adheres to CGMP for processing products, assessing product suitability, component creation, labeling and/or distribution of products. Evaluates specimens for acceptability per policy (i.e. volume, labeling, proper documentation for quality analysis).
- Demonstrates proper techniques to provide excellent standards of care such as proper preparation (site selection, order of draw), proper technique following standard precautions and proper disposal of supplies according to facility policy. Demonstrates knowledge of special procedures (i.e. Bleeding Times, Lactic Acid, Legal Alcohol, Glucose Tolerances, etc).
- Processes referred tests and/or miscellaneous tests per facility policy. Reviews system pending reports (e.g. WCP, WQS, PLR, PTR, etc.) for reference Laboratory tests and resolves problems.
- Prioritizes STATs and routine specimens as they arrive in the Laboratory or on pending lists per facility standard operating procedures and handles workload efficiently.
- Accurately enters patient demographics into HIS/LIS according to written, oral or faxed prescription. Confirms completeness of prescription (i.e. name, signatures).
- Distributes and/or prepares specimens according to special requirements while prioritizing delivery to departments or outsourced Laboratories.
- Participates in annual skills review, written evaluation of personal knowledge and direct observation of technique and process prior to evaluation deadline.
- Handles 24 hour urine container preparation and receipt (i.e. verifies collection technique, total volume and correct preservative as per facility policy).