PFS Business Analyst
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Financial Services (PFS) Business Analyst, you will coordinate, direct, lead and manage departmental projects and activities to achieve strategic objectives. To help achieve our mission, you will create strong project momentum and collaboration with stakeholders, staff and leadership to achieve meaningful denial rate reductions. Your ability to lead and manage departmental activities to achieve Inova Health System's mission and strategic objectives while creating strong project momentum and building stakeholder ownership is of vital importance. Demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform/grow as a subject matter expert on commercial/government denials including, but not limited to, feasibility analysis, technical enhancements, thorough understanding of available software, data analysis/reporting, workflow analysis as well as recommendations for improvement is required. Supporting the implementation of improvement plans and new initiatives, as well as the promotion of sound business analysis and project management principles, is expected.
- Develops subject matter expertise on assigned core business areas including, but not limited to, feasibility analysis, technical guidance, thorough understanding of available software, data analysis/reporting and workflow analysis.
- Identifies, documents, measures, monitors and recommends improvements to automated and non-automated business processes, in collaboration with stakeholders, in the core areas of case management and care coordination.
- Supports initiatives to improve the continuum of patient care through better alignment of workflows with technology, recommending best courses of action and using objective evidence to evaluate impact.
- Prepares denial data analysis/reporting and workflow analysis for Patient Financial Services (PFS), system-level leadership and stakeholders including initial denials, write-offs and recoveries.
- Supports the implementation of system denial prevention initiatives.
- Creates and analyzes data to support outcomes. Interprets data, develops recommendations and implements strategies designed to maximize achievement of PFS denial goals.
- Supports the creation, implementation and monitoring of process improvement plans by using strong business analysis and project management principles.
- Facilitates the implementation of improvement plans and new initiatives as well as the promotion of sound business analysis and project management principles.
Bachelor's Degree or four years of equivalent experience.
Bachelor's degree or an additional 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
One year of experience in Revenue Cycle functions. Ability to learn business process documentation tools. Demonstrated ability to learn Revenue Cycle functions. Experience with data analytics.
Ability to think critically and make data-driven decisions. Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance. Demonstrated computer literacy. Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks. Skills in MS Office suite. Basic report writing.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE