Medical Laboratory Scientist 2
Inova Central Lab is seeking a PRN (on-call) Medical Laboratory Scientist 2 to join our Microbiology department. This role will be scheduled for varies shift to include evening, nights and weekends as needed by the department.
Requirements for consideration:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university in Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Technology. OR A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university with 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in biology including one semester in microbiology and 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in chemistry including one semester in organic or biochemistry, which may be obtained within, or in addition to, the baccalaureate degree.
One of the following:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program.
- Successful completion of a 50-week U.S. military medical laboratory training course within the last ten years
Years of Experience:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited MLS program, NAACLS or ABHES accredited MSL program, or a foreign medical laboratory science clinical training program within the last five years can be used in lieu of one year of full time acceptable clinical experience.
Certification Upon Start:
- ASCP or AMT Board certification consistent with scope of responsibility to include MT, MLS, MLT, BB, SBB, C, H, M, SH, SCT, MB, SMB, SM, SC, and HEW.
Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- As a Medical Laboratory Scientist 2, you will ensure quality specimens for Laboratory testing by recognizing pre-analytical factors that adversely affect patient results.
- To help achieve our mission, you will operate systems/methodologies in order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, quality control and proficiency testing.
- Participating in departmental development by demonstrating operational knowledge and adhering to regulatory standards is of vital importance.
- Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with team members to optimize job performance and foster working relationships is required.
- Participating in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team and departmental development is expected.
Inova Benefits and Perks:
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2023 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE