Registered Nurse PACU Part-Time Mount Vernon Hospital
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital (IMVH) is a 237-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received Leapfrog: Straight A’s in Safety Award, 5-star rating from 2021 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Outstanding Patient Experience Award. We have and Heart and Vascular Institute comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program and the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Program in Northern Virginia. Inova Mount Vernon hospital has the Joint Commission accreditation, is a Primary Stroke Center, and has the Gold Seal of Approval for Joint Replacement. We are also in the journey to Magnet. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
IMVH’s Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) has 13 bays (10 phase 1 and 3 phase 2) that serve a diverse surgical population. Our Surgical Service Lines include, general, spine, orthopedic, robotics, urology, plastics, gynecology, breast, podiatry, vascular, and ENT.
Our PACU team members are self-motivated, hardworking and a proficient group of nurses. We have self- scheduling and a varying/staggered shift times, and as of now, we staff until 2100 with moderate call requirements. Travel time for call cannot exceed 45 min. Nurses care for patients in pre op, Phase 1, Phase 2 depending on patient needs. We take pride in our excellent patient care and wide knowledge base that continues to expand and adapt to meet the needs of our community.
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Solid PACU experience is highly desired
- BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend - Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses - Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date - Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN license to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- ACLS, PALS, BLS healthcare provider certifications from the American Heart Association (AHA)