Financial Specialist 2
Job DescriptionAs a Financial Specialist 2, you will complete work assignments within established quality standards. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method. Your ability to counsel patients on financial liability using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services is of vital importance. Verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements is required. Your ability to contribute to a safe patient care environment is expected.
- Accepts responsibility to review and correct errors before completion and routes to others for review when appropriate.
- Participates in process improvement activities and makes suggestions for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Reports all near misses, accidents and occurrences for patients, visitors and staff. Observes working environment for potential and actual hazards. Attends patient safety training and maintains current safety certifications – if required.
- Responds to problems with a sense of urgency. Uses a logical process to identify problem origin and develop appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of frontend functions that initiate patient care such as scheduling, registration and care management.
- Informs and consults with team members, leaders and stakeholders about potential barriers that impact team results.
- Anticipates overload and peak work conditions and makes plans/identifies resources to resolve them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of account resolution processes such as benefit verification, insurance classification, billing complaint claims and account follow up.
High school or GED
3 years of patient access experience
Basic communication and computer skills. Proven history of sound decision making, problem solving, and analytical thinking.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE