Registered Nurse Surgical Unit Days
The Surgical Orthopedic Unit at Inova Fair Oaks is seeking an energetic, team-oriented Registered Nurse; preferably with recent Acute Care experience
Shift: Full Time, Days, 3 12 hour shifts
We are offering a Sign-On Bonus of up to $20k and Relocation Bonus for eligible nurses!
This unit is known for quickly and safely recovering primarily, well-patients with few chronic conditions. This exciting, fast-paced unit cares for a variety of post-surgical patients We proudly hold designations as Centers of Excellence for Total Knee Replacements, Total Hip Replacements, Spinal Surgeries and Bariatric Surgeries.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a Magnet Hospital; a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has been ranked #14 in the Washington, DC, metro area, #16 in Virginia and recognized as one of the best in Northern Virginia.
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
• A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
• Education: BSN or MSN orIf Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
• Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend• Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
• Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
• BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
• RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
• Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
Proficient computer skills required