Pharmacy Technician Retail FT
Job DescriptionAs a Retail Pharmacy Technician, you will receive and fill prescription requests for patients that come from physicians, nurses or directly from the patients. To help achieve our mission, you will greet customers and take prescription requests. Filing prescriptions, assisting with counting pills, or measuring liquids, and labeling prescription bottles is of vital importance. Your ability to enter customer information into PEA systems, print labels and include appropriate prescription information to ensure customers understand the dosage, side effects and potential hazards of prescriptions is required. Answering phones, receiving payment from customers and maintaining inventory is expected.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing medications and supplies.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of patients are met.
- Cleans equipment and maintains all required temperature logs according to system policies and procedures.
- Checks medication and administration supply inventory for out of date products, removes products from inventory and works with the appropriate resource to record out of date products in the Expiring Medication log book.
- Performs computer entry of prescription information including, but not limited to, patient/prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation/entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Takes ownership for counting, pouring ,measuring and weighing tablets and medications.
- Prepares medications for clients through mixing medications, counting pills and labeling bottles.
- Selects the proper prescription containers.
- Prepares insurance claims forms.
- Maintains patient profiles. Inventories and stocks medications including over the counter medications and supplies.
- Complies cash register transactions.
- Answers phones and ensures the privacy of patient information by following HIPAA guidelines and laws.
Fulltime M-F 8AM to 630PM Availability with weekends
High School or GED
1 Year of experience as a pharmacy tech filling prescriptions
Certified within 6 months
VA pharmacy tech license or pharmacy intern license active upon start