Back to Results
Endoscopy Tech 1 - FT - Loudoun Hospital
Loudoun Hospital 621136 Full Time 44045 Riverside Parkway, Leesburg, VA, 20176, USApply
Job DescriptionThe Endo Tech will prepare and maintain the medical facility's instruments, equipment, and sterile environments necessary for procedures.
A day in the life of a Endo Tech 1 can look like:
- Performs and/or provides assistance to the physician and procedural team that reflect an awareness of anatomy, necessary principles, skills, supplies, and adequate knowledge base.
- Assists the circulating nurse in implementing the perioperative plan of care to include: patient positioning, updating physician preference cards, care of endoscopic specimens, and room turnover.
- Identifies factors relative to the patient's age and developmental stage that must be considered during the surgical procedure.
- Assists with pulling cases and checks case carts for completeness. Obtains supplies and equipment and determines them to be in good working order before a case begins.
- Prepares the endoscopy room by opening supplies, instruments, and devices based on scheduled procedure and physician preference card.
- Exercises care in the operation and use of instruments/equipment/and reports/follow the appropriate procedure for broken items.
- Follows OSHA and hospital infection control policies at all times.
- Maintains continuing education by complying with mandatory re-orientation yearly and keeps educational profile up to date.
- Demonstrates a willingness to critique their practice and pursues improvement opportunities.
- Takes corrective action when any unsafe practice, conditions, or breaks in aseptic technique occur and report information to the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates understanding of scope mechanics and scope reprocessing to include High Level Disinfection.
- Assists with the flow of daily operations by readily accepting assignments/reassignments.
- Work schedule: Full time, Days Vary, Call required/10 hour Day shifts
- Education: High School or GED
- Certification: BLS by the AHA