Patient Access Associate 3 - Medicine Service Line
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Associate 3, you will provide excellent service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will perform assigned duties related to patient admissions while completing assigned activities related to patient scheduling for medical procedures. Verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements into databases is of vital importance. Counseling patients on financial liability by using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services is expected. Ensuring a safe patient care environment to the fullest potential, in an effort to achieve team goals, is required.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Accepts and provides direct/honest feedback between team members in a non-punishing manner.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability through the use of appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Supports scheduling activities by conducting pre-service activities such as insurance verification/submission.
- Gathers information about customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Troubleshoots individual admission issues in collaboration with other departments/staff.
- Identifies and communicates payroll authorization and referral requirements.
- Delivers an acceptable volume of work with high levels of accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
2 years of healthcare patient access experience, or 2 years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle.
Proven proficiency in multiple Patient Access functions.
Advanced communication and computer skills.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
If hired or transferred into an Ambulatory setting, team member is expected to successfully complete Inova Service Excellence Training within three months of hire/transfer date.