Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy Part-Time Fair Oaks Hospital
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital (IFOH) is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia that is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience.
- Nationally recognized Spine Surgery and for Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery with The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™
- Nationally recognized as an MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive center for weight loss surgery by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Five-Star Quality Report
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A since 2012
Located in western Fairfax County, Inova Fair Oaks' GE Lab is well established to meet this growing needs of our community. As part of a separate section within Peri-Op, the GE lab is comprised of 3 units (Pre, Intra, and Post GE). The department normally runs 2-3 procedural rooms daily, with the ability to run up to 6 rooms if needed. Staffed by 16 veteran specialty nurses and techs, their enthusiasm for gastroenterology, dedication to the patients, and continual other support of each other enable their ability to successful complete an average of 25-30 procedures daily (though at times it isn’t unheard of for upward of 40 cases a day). In such a fast paced department, the team goals are always providing outstanding care in a safe and supportive environment (this is reflected in our latest Press Ganey Surveys, 99th Top Box Percentile Rank for July 2021).
- A minimum of six (6) months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting (Must have two years specialty experience to qualify for bonus)
- RN with at least 2 years of GI/Endoscopy, PreOp, Intra-Op or PACU experience is highly desired (Training available where needed)
- BSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date must meet with nurse leader to identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend, submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses, provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date, complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 90 days of hire
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others
- Proficient computer skills required