Back to Results
Registered Nurse Float Pool CC- FT Nights
Fair Oaks Hospital 621234 Full Time 3600 Joseph Siewick Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22033, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Critical Care (CC) Registered Nurse – Float Pool, you will provide knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. Ensuring that all patient care activities and interactions are patient/family centered is of vital importance. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum of care, to include patient and family education, is expected. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required. Serving as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment findings while interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Supports and empowers patients/families as they progress through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life decisions.
- Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family perspective while providing counsel and acting as a resource to resolve issues.
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs of patients and intervenes to maximize desired patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition while promoting the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to related performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff members and seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar situations.
- Collaborates with healthcare teams and leads other disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing evidence based care initiatives in nursing practice.
- Anticipates patient variances and makes revisions to plans of care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives. Incorporates the outcomes of team or committee work into practice.
- Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit activities.
- Assists staff to assess patients' learning needs and outcomes measurement of patient education.
- Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and assist others voluntarily.
- Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
- Serves as a resource, preceptor and mentor.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors consistently.
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare team members.
- Identifies own learning needs and develops professional goals.
- Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance practice.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
- Consistently demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors while acting as a clinical resource to healthcare team members.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Incorporates research findings into nursing practice.
2+ years of critical care RN experience