Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient.
Float Pool: The Inova Fair Oaks Float Pool is a team of diversely trained registered nurses and clinical tech’s that float across multiple units and specialties. Critical care Float Pool RN’s regularly float to the ICU, PACU, ED, PCU, Medical, and Surgical units. Adult Care Float Pool RN’s regularly float to PCU, Surgical, and Medical units. Woman’s and Children’s Float Pool RN’s can float to L&D, Post-Partum and NICU (if trained). The IFOH Float Pool is unique in that it fully staffs an 11 bed overflow unit capable of caring for ICU, IMC, and acute care patients. The IFOH Float Pool is a great place for experienced RN’s to grow and develop skills in multiple patient care environments.
The Inova RN provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration. Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
Inova hospitals were once again awarded ‘A’ grades for the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades. Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
· Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
· Strict PPE requirements for all staff and visitors
· All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
· Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
· New safety wayfinding and social distancing signage is installed everywhere
· Waiting rooms and registration areas are arranged for social distancing
· We deep-clean our facilities nightly; we wipe surfaces and sanitize throughout the day
· Hand sanitizer is available everywhere at all times
· All team members are required to practice frequent hand washing
· Patients with symptoms are immediately directed to separate exam rooms
· Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
· Inova operates drive-through Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- 2+ years of acute care RN experience
- Education: BSN or AD
- If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart Association) required
- NIHSS and ACLS (American Heart Association) preferred (or obtained while on orientation)