Patient Access Associate 2
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Associate 2, you will adhere to Inova Health System's "Service Excellence" standards while admitting/scheduling patients, conducting insurance verifications and providing financial counseling. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure patient safety by demonstrating effective problem solving and effective communication skillsets. Engaging in active listening when dealing with a customer complaint is of vital importance.
- Expresses sincere concern and empathy when dealing with customer complaints.
- Accesses appropriate systems/services to confirm insurance coverage or other means of payment.
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians and patient representatives in a timely and professional manner.
- Identifies and communicates payroll authorization and referral requirements to patients.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability by using appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Delivers an acceptable volume of work with high levels of accuracy while improving inefficiencies and minimizing repetitive errors by revising current workflow procedures.
- Recognizes when a problem needs to be elevated for resolution and involves others in the problem solving process when additional input is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
1 year of healthcare patient access experience, or 1-year experience in healthcare revenue cycle, or bachelor’s degree
Basic communication and computer skills.
If hired or transferred into an Ambulatory setting, team member is expected to successfully complete Inova Service Excellence Training within three months of hire/transfer date.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE