Patient Access Associate 1
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Associate 1, you will demonstrate accountability, accuracy and effective communication skills relative to departmental goals. To help achieve our mission, your use of financial counseling and insurance verification skillsets will be essential. Identifying and communicating payer authorizations and referral requirements is required. Determining patient financial responsibility and notifying patients and/or guardians, when necessary, is of vital importance.
- Works independently to complete assignments without close supervision. Improves inefficiencies and minimizes repetitive errors by changing/improving workflow processes. Uses a logical process to identify the cause of problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Selects an appropriate method of communication for audiences and adjusts communication style when needed.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability by using appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Applies knowledge of online payer verification systems to obtain and validate insurance information on a timely and accurate basis.
- Coordinates with other departments to assist or transport patients/visitors requiring special attention/support. Interviews patients to secure and document required medical, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Educates and assists patients with the completion/submission of applications for alternative sources of payment for healthcare services including medical assistance programs, loans and grants.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians and patient representatives in a timely and professional manner.
High School Diploma or GEd
1 year of customer service or 1 year of experience in a medical setting or associates degree
Basic communication and computer skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE