Polysomnography Technician 3 - Fair Oaks
As a full-time Polysomnography Technician 3 at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, you will provide sleep services according to practice standards and act as a resource to ensure optimal department functions. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in this role at Inova. Grow in the Imaging field, with advanced resources & equipment and an environment that strives for the best! Ensuring that the highest quality of accurate sleep patient test data is provided to internal and external Inova Health System patient/physician customers is of vital importance. Your ability to provide accurate sleep/EEG/EKG pattern recognition and effective treatment protocol to patients and physicians is required.Requirements:
- Location: Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Hours: 3-12hr shifts
- Education: High School graduate; Documented completion of Advanced Polysomnography workshops, courses, seminars and/or comparable experience in a EEG/Respiratory/OR monitoring and/or sleep disorders laboratory
- Experience: 2-3 years of prior work experience in sleep disorder testing. Additional work experience in scoring of sleep test and CPAP applications. Experience conducting EEG/sleep training seminars and quality control procedures.
- Certifications: BLS, CPR and Heart Saver certifications from the AHA required. Registered R.PSGT
A day in the life of a Polysomnography Technician 3 can look like:
- Implements required training seminars for department while providing consistent quality, accuracy and legibility in performance of all pertinent clerical duties such as filing reports and patient logs as well as billing for each procedure without incidence of administrative correction or request for additional information/clarification.
- Orders appropriate supplies, performs routine maintenance, detects equipment malfunctions, troubleshoots, makes minor repairs and reports major problems to the appropriate hospital personnel according to department policy.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly fashion. Keeps equipment clean and in proper working order according to department guidelines.
- Acts as a role model in practicing time management, keeping authorized breaks within accepted policy and maintaining levels of productivity established for the department.
- Consistently arrives for work and meetings on time and completes assigned duties ahead of deadlines. Adjusts pace of work to compensate for delays caused by others. Consistently completes all tasks in a timely manner and in accordance with established departmental policies.
- Serves as a role model for all team members by adhering to, and showing a positive attitude toward, all hospital policies, programs and activities. Consistently self-identifies, seeks out and/or attends additional classes/trainings in and out of the hospital geared toward increasing professional work related development.
- Other duties, as assigned
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Additional Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Child Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
Learn more about Inova Health System!