Cardiovascular Technologist 2 - CVOR
Cardiovascular Technologist 2 in the CVOR at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
About the Cardiovascular Technologist 2 Position:
The CVOR is located within the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI) for adult cardiac surgery and Inova Women’s and Children’s Hospital for pediatric/congenital cardiac surgery. The CVORs are state of the art with Stryker integrated video and a Philips (Single Plane) Hybrid OR with a total of 7 operating rooms serving all cardiac surgery needs including thoracic organ transplant (heart and lung), mechanical circulatory support, structural heart, congenital, and advanced aortic surgery.
As a Cardiovascular Technologist 2, you will provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. To help achieve our mission, you will integrate your knowledge, skill and experiences to meet patient needs. Ensuring improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life long learning is expected. Your ability to provide direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required. Your demonstrated leadership skills in decision making and problem solving are of vital importance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists anesthesia with invasive line placement
- Participates in the care, handling, cleaning, and storage of TEE equipment
- Takes ownership of blood sample collection, analysis and reporting to include quality control for hepron/ACT and pediatric laboratory analysis equipment.
- Immediately recognizes and responds to adverse clinical situations and directs others to assist in a favorable patient outcome under the direction of a licensed care professional involved in the patients' care.
- Demonstrates proper techniques for injection of IV contrast under the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines.
- Consistently enters patient charge information accurately and maintains statistical data for the outcome report.
- Calibrates, operates and troubleshoots a wide variety of equipment and instruments, including, Hepcon, ACT, and ABG. Assists in transport of patients from and to CVOR
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience and some college
- One year of experience