Diagnostic Imaging Assistant-MRI Cornwall
As a Diagnostic Imaging Assistant, you will maintain equipment in proper working order and report malfunctions immediately to the appropriate personnel. To help achieve our mission, you will provide the necessary care, safety and monitoring of patients during transportation and waiting periods in the department. Your ability to provide overall support to the Radiology department in adherence to practice standards and requirements is of vital importance. Transporting patients using safe and efficient transportation methods is required.
- Cleans transportation equipment after each use.
- Performs weekly and as needed checks on equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Returns all equipment to storage areas as evidenced by immediate availability when needed and the lack of equipment on nursing units.
- Monitors patients' conditions at all times while reporting problems immediately to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors patients in the Radiology department to provide a safe and comfortable environment, as evidenced by a lack of negative outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess patients' conditions and selects the most appropriate mode of transportation, as evidenced by compliance with physician orders and nursing/Radiology practice standards.
- Uses safe and appropriate transport methods and body lifting techniques.
- Communicates effectively with nursing/Radiology personnel in the event of transport problems, as evidenced by timely and appropriate patient transfer.
- Work Schedule: Part- time, Monday - Friday, 3:15 - 8:00 pm
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Years of Experience: Direct Patient care experience in a hospital/healthcare environment., Recent patient care experience
- Certification: BLS from the American Heart Association, CPR certification