Registered Nurse- Progressive Care Unit Days
Inova Fair Oaks is seeking an experienced RN with telemetry experience for a position on the Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
Shift: Full Time, 12 hour Days
Inova Fair Oak’s Telemetry Unit is home to 36 beds. Patients admitted to Telemetry require cardiac monitoring and frequently have cardiac, renal, respiratory, and/or gastrointestinal disease processes. In order to care for these complex patients the staff works together as a team with a unified mission of quality and excellence.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has been named a Magnet™ organization, one of the highest levels of recognition a hospital can achieve for excellence in nursing services.
We are offering a Sign On Bonus of up to $20k as well as a Relocation Bonus for eligible nurses!
The Inova RN:
- As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients/families, nurse and healthcare delivery teams.
- To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient care in a patient/family centered manner.
- Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education, is of vital importance.
- Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required.
- Your ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
- minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
BSN or AD Required
- If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
- Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
- Proficient computer skills required