Registered Nurse- ICU Nights
The Leadership, Physicians and Staff of Inova Loudoun Hospital Have Adopted a "Quality Compact" with Its Community. Inova Loudoun Hospital believes that excellent healthcare begins with accountability to our community. To be an accountable organization, with ongoing guidance and leadership from our board, we have taken the following actions that have been proven to positively influence hospital quality and safety performance. We will continue to share the results of our progress with the communities we serve.
- Monitor ongoing performance against the following groups of quality and safety measures:
- Patient infections
- National Hospital Quality of Care indicators
- Patients' satisfaction with their care
- Unplanned readmissions to the hospital
- Set aggressive goals for performance improvement and maintain focus on achieving them
- Ensure that our organization's quality and safety performance continues to measurably improve over time.
We are offering a Sign On Bonus of up to $20k as well as a Relocation Bonus for eligible nurses!
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
This four time Beacon Award Willing Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a challenging Medical-Surgical ICU that cares for a variety of diagnoses in our 12 bed unit. The patient population includes, but not limited to, end-stage disease processes, sepsis, post-partum emergencies, respiratory failure, post-operative care and others that require more intensive nursing care.
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. Seeking ICU experienced RNs only
- Education: BSN or MSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart Association) required
- ACLS strongly preferred (must obtain within first 3 months)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
- Proficient computer skills required.