Registered Nurse (RN Pediatric Emergency Fellowship)
*This position is eligible for the Emergency Fellowship for experienced Nurses looking to change specialties. (Strongly prefer RNs with at least one year in adult ED or Pediatrics).
Inova Health System is hiring for an experienced Registered Nurse for our Inova Children's Hospital ED, an award-winning 186-bed, full-service children’s hospital devoted to the healthcare of infants, children and adolescents.
Full Time, Evenings.
***Sign on Bonus available***
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! About Inova
We honor our RN’S for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurses!
As an Inova Nurse you will:
• Provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
• Conduct all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
• Use an integrated approach toward patient outcomes
• Utilize standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
Located at our Inova Fairfax campus in Falls Church Virginia, Fairfax was recently named "best hospital in the DC area" by US News and World Report for the fourth year in a row. Inova Health System employees more than 16,500 talented individuals who provide exceptional patient care in a practice environment which promotes team work and personal growth. Expectations are high for the individuals we select, but the employment experience offers total compensation providing a competitive salary and a tailored benefits package including a variety of medical and dental plans, paid time off, on-site child care and a broad range of voluntary benefits and work life programs. Whether you seek opportunities in a community setting or an academic medical center, the depth of Inova Health System can allow you to achieve your goals, recognize your contributions and inspire excellent patient care.
Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
BSN or AD Required. If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required - issued by the American Health Association.
Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required. CEN/ACLS/PALS certification desired