Back to Results
Oncology Patient Specialist 2
Clinic And Schar Cancer 621779 Full Time 8081 Innovation Park Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Job DescriptionAs an Oncology Patient Specialist 2, you will provide excellent service by identifying internal/external customer needs and fulfilling their expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will counsel patients on financial liability by using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services. Communicating effectively with various audiences by using the most appropriate methods for the situation while verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements is of vital importance. Performing assigned duties related to the registration of patients while contributing to a safe patient care environment is expected. Your ability to complete assigned activities related to Oncology scheduling and services within the Cancer Center while identifying, analyzing and effectively solving problems is required.
- Demonstrates an ability to mentor other team members on communication methods and skills to foster effective/positive communication.
- Coordinates and provides pre-service instructions for patients having complicated or multiple examinations, tests and services. Recognizes situations when medical procedures may require securing additional patient information such as medical records/test results.
- Reviews documented insurance benefits and patient liability in appropriate systems to prepare for patient counseling sessions. Facilitates pre-admission by performing tasks such as routing test results or assisting patients with the billing or insurance processes.
- Accurately transcribes order entry in the electronic medical record, based on physician written orders, when scheduling within the Cancer Center. Demonstrates knowledge of CPT and ICD codes in order to meet billing requirements when scheduling.
- Maintains knowledge of current local, state, federal and third party regulatory requirements. Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives when/if necessary.
- Educates and assists patients with the completion/submission of applications for alternative sources of payment for healthcare services such as medical assistance programs, loans and grants.
- Presents clear and accurate information to customers when providing solutions to an issue. Generates alternative solutions that will meet customer needs/expectations. Partners with the Patient Experience team and the Oncology Patient Advocacy Group to identify and problem solve services or customer needs.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability by using appropriate communication methods/styles. Conducts post-submission follow-up on alternative funding applications. Requests/secures balance due payments from patients in accordance with established policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Three years of healthcare patient access experience/ healthcare revenue cycle experience or three years of experience in an oncology medical office.