Back to Results
Specialty Nurse Practitioner- Endocrinology- Fair Oaks
Center Personal Health 621781 Full Time 8095 Innovation Park Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Specialty Nurse Practitioner, you will provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systemic way to include the assessment and overall management of care for a specified patient population under the supervision of an Medical Doctor. To help achieve our mission, you will exercise independent judgement in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of medical processes and procedures in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner licensure regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia and as delineated in the written Scope of Practice/Protocol for Nurse Practitioners.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychological exams of patients to identify priority care needs.
- Obtains and documents detailed histories, identifies patients at physiologic and or psychological risk and prioritizes data based on immediate condition and needs.
- Practices in accordance with safe/effective standards of care and ensures compliance with professional and ethical standards of practice.
- Performs procedures as delineated in the Scope of Practice/Protocol and as necessary to implement plans of care based on care standards and/or protocols.
- Develops differential diagnosis and plans of care based on data collection and revises plans based on physiologic and psychosocial findings.
- Orders appropriate tests, treatments, medications (if appropriate) and consults. Interprets and synthesizes laboratory, imaging and other pertinent data.
- Reviews patients' plans of care with the interdisciplinary team. patients and families.
- Provides patient and family education.
- Evaluates and documents patients' responses to care and evaluates the impact of illness on patients' health status, functional status, nutritional status, sleep/rest patterns, family/social relationships and establishes health promotional strategies.
- Assumes clinical management for specific patient populations in collaboration with physicians in practice.
- Documents in medical records according to established standards.
- Reviews medical record documentation with physician supervisors.
- Utilizes evidenced based standards, guidelines and protocols for care delivery.
- Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice.
- Assists in the development/revision of standards for patient populations and integrates evidence based research findings into clinical practice.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and assists with process/protocol development/revision based on research and evidence of effectiveness. Participates in clinical research and data collection while assisting in projects and planning for the continual development of respective specialty.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life long learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource and mentor.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Recognizes behaviors that impact the team function and implements strategies to optimize teamwork. Facilitates the understanding of the role of the Nurse Practitioner for other healthcare providers.
- Seeks leadership opportunities and facilitates leadership development among colleagues.
- Identifies ongoing educational needs and actively participates in educational programs to enhance knowledge and skill base.
- Provides formal and informal educational programs to improve the clinical and professional knowledge of team members.
- Maintains certification(s) and licensure(s) including DEA license – if applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and adherence to, state and federal regulations governing the practice of Nurse Practitioners.
- Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrates respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines while using an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and incorporates their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Facilitates the assessment of patients' learning needs and the achievement of outcomes related to patient education.
- Accesses and uses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Facilitates communication among departments to ensure continuity of care and establishes collegial relationships with physicians and other healthcare providers.
BLSACLS for critical care.